What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry encompasses all procedure aimed at improving the appearance of a patient’s teeth or gums. Thanks to today’s advanced techniques and materials, just about any esthetic oral issue can be corrected. The wide range of treatment options that can help accomplish this, include: teeth whitening, bonding, tooth-colored restorations and fillings, porcelain veneers, orthodontics, and dental implants.
What are some of the most common cosmetic procedures that Dr. Dani performs?
Dr. Dani offers a complete scope of cosmetic dental procedures and has the expertise to advise patients on which will best achieve their goals. Among the most frequently performed cosmetic procedures at Dr. Dani’s practice are:
- Teeth whitening: Both the Zoom and Opalescence Boost whitening systems are available. Professional whitening uses a medical grade gel that contains hydrogen peroxide, and is sometimes used in conjunction with a light or laser. In-office whitening treatments can brighten tooth color up to 10 shades in about an hour.
- Veneers. Custom-made of a thin layer of porcelain, a veneer is applied to the face of a tooth to correct the appearance of discolored, small or misshapen teeth. They can also correct the appearance of gaps between teeth.
- Crowns. A crown is a cap that covers a damaged tooth to provide and/or improve its appearance, shape or alignment. Crowns can be tinted to match the color of a patient’s natural teeth.
- Dental implants. A dental implant is the most natural looking and functioning permanent replacement for missing teeth. It is composed of a titanium post or anchor that is surgically implanted into the patient’s jaw bone. The post is then affixed with a porcelain crown.
- Invisalign®. A game-changer in orthodontics, Invisalign utilize a series of thin, clear plastic, removable aligner trays, to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, this method is nearly invisible, and pain-free. Another advantage: Invisalign trays can be removed to eat, brush and floss.
Can cosmetic treatments also improve my oral health?
Yes. The benefits of many cosmetic procedures extend beyond appearance. Veneers and crowns protect the surface of teeth. A dental implant preserves the natural balance of a patient’s bite, which prevents a number of potential issues that can result from not filling the gap left by a lost or extracted tooth.